ASHConnect™ Mobile App Privacy Statement
Effective as of 8/1/2019
· This Privacy Statement is in addition and subject to the terms of the Program Privacy Statement applicable to your Program.
Information We Collect and How We Use Information
· When you use the ASH Connect Mobile App (“Mobile App”), we may collect your location information, check-in and check-out times, log-in information, and other information that you may submit through the Mobile App.
· If you authorize your iPhone® (mobile digital device) Health app to submit information through the Mobile App, then activity measures you select during the authorization process will be shared with Us.
· We use this information to provide you with the services for your applicable Program and to determine if you are eligible for rewards in accordance with that Program. We determine such eligibility by using the information above to determine if you are in a participating fitness facility when you check in or out and/or to aggregate your activity to confirm whether you have met required activity levels.
How We Share Information
· We may share information we collect from the Mobile App with our service providers and in accordance with the applicable Program Privacy Statement. Certain information may be shared with your plan sponsor.
· If you do not want to have the Mobile App collect your location information, you may turn off the location services function on your mobile device. However, doing so will cause certain features of the Mobile App to no longer function.
· If you wish to stop sharing your iPhone Health app data, you may disconnect the syncing of data through the Mobile App.
Thank you for using the ASHConnect mobile app (the “ Mobile App ”) provided by American Specialty Health Incorporated. The Mobile App works with the ExerciseRewards®, Active&Fit®, and Silver&Fit® programs offered by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc. (“ASH Fitness”). The Mobile App also works with the Healthyroads® program offered by American Specialty Health Management, Inc. (“ASH Management”). ASH Fitness and ASH Management are subsidiaries of American Specialty Health Incorporated (collectively referred to herein as “ASH”). The Mobile App was designed to track and report fitness facility visits and fitness activity in accordance with the Programs noted above, one or more of which you may participate in. This privacy statement (this “ Privacy Statement ”) explains how ASH may collect, use and share personal information on the Mobile App and is intended to be part of, and subject to, the terms of the privacy statement for the Program applicable to you. The privacy statements for these Programs (each, a “Program Privacy Statement”) is available via the links below:
· Active&Fit Program (available here: https://www.activeandfit.com/Privacy )
· ExerciseRewards Program (available here: https://www.exerciserewards.com/privacy )
· Silver&Fit Program (available here: https://www.silverandfit.com/Pages/Home/Privacy
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, references to the “Web site” in each Program Privacy Statement shall include the Mobile App.
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE INFORMATION
When you use the Mobile App, the following information may be collected from you or your mobile device, depending on the functionality that you use. This information may be combined with your Program account information and will used in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the Program Privacy Statement applicable to your Program.
Location Information : When you use the Mobile App, we will collect your current location information from your mobile device. Your mobile device may use GPS technology or other similar technology (such as WiFi and/or cell towers) to determine your current location. We use this information to recommend participating fitness facilities closest to you and to determine if you are in a participating fitness facility when you check in and/or check out.
Check-In and Check-Out Times : When you check-in or check-out using the Mobile App (including when you are automatically checked-out by the Mobile App), we will collect the times you checked-in or checked-out and use this information in combination with your location information to determine whether you are eligible for certain points or other rewards in accordance with your applicable Program.
Activity Tracking: If you sync your iPhone Health app through the Mobile App, you allow us to receive your Apple Watch® (wrist wearable device) activity related information, such as steps taken in a day, distance or duration. When you use this feature, your activity information will be transmitted from your iPhone Health app through the Mobile App to a third-party data aggregator that we use to facilitate the Connected! feature of your Program. After receiving the information from our third-party data aggregator, we upload the information into your member profile/account on your Program Website. By syncing your iPhone Health app, you allow us to receive this information from your Apple watch.
Log-In Information: In order to access your Program account, you will need to enter and submit your Program log-in information. We will use this information to log you into your Program account.
Information You Submit through the Mobile App : You may enter and submit additional information to us when you use the Mobile App. We will use this information in accordance with the applicable Program Privacy Statement.
III. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect from the Mobile App, including any personal information, with our service providers and in accordance with the applicable Program Privacy Statement. Such service providers are required to limit use of such information to permitted purposes related to the Program. They are also required to safeguard such information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. ASH may share personal information, including whether you qualify for certain points or other rewards under your Program, with your plan sponsor (e.g., employer, health plan or other sponsoring entity) so that your plan sponsor can administer your benefit program as needed. Information shared with plan sponsors can be shared to help process incentives or rewards available through the plan. Information shared in this manner, however, will not include your check-in/check-out times or exact location during the period you have checked in or out from through the Mobile App.
IV. OPTING OUT
If you do not want to have the Mobile App collect your location information, you can turn off location services by turning off the location services function in your mobile device settings. However, please note that certain features of the Mobile App, including the ability to check-in and check-out, will not function if the location services function is turned off or otherwise not available.
If you wish to stop sharing your Apple watch data, you can disconnect your iPhone Health from the Mobile App through the Apps & Devices page of the ASHConnect app. Doing so will stop your information from being shared. To qualify for your Program reward you may need to then use another method to track your activity. Refer to your program information for additional methods of activity tracking towards earning a reward.
V. NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Mobile App is intended for U.S. residents only. If you are outside of the United States and access the Mobile App or submit your personal information to us, please be advised that U.S. law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction. By using the Mobile App or submitting your personal information to us, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your personal information in the United States.
VI. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Mobile App, please contact ASH using the contact information provided in the Program Privacy Statement applicable to your Program.
ASHConnect, Active&Fit, ExerciseRewards, Silver&Fit and Healthyroads are trademarks of American Specialty Health Incorporated. Apple, Apple Watch, iTunes, and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.